[TR] pinion oil seal

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Jun 2 01:31:13 MDT 2013

> my question, since I have never done this before, is do I need/should I
> replace anything else?  and any hints/caveats would be helpful.

Use some fine abrasive cloth to clean up the surface of the flange where the
seal rides, then examine it carefully.  If there is a dark line that you
cannot polish away, consider replacing the flange or installing a
SpeediSleeve.  Otherwise the new seal may leak just as badly as the old one.

Grease the seal & flange before installation.

Good time to inspect the U-joint.

Randall