[TR] Blue smoke under uphill load with TR6

Tom Note tom628 at verizon.net
Tue Jul 23 16:28:26 MDT 2013

Hi Allan:  Here are my non-expert comments:  Cyls. 3&4 are fed by the middle
carb. I'd expect both plugs to read about the same if it were a mixture
issue.  Are the plugs oily at all? If so, perhaps it's a case of worn valve
guides, tho why only the last 3 cyls???  Do you get a noticeable puff of
blue smoke after running down a long hill at closed throttle?  Any chance
the oil level is overfull?

Some real experts should be along soon.

Tom