[TR] Blue smoke under uphill load with TR6

Allan Reich areich at telus.net
Tue Jul 23 15:12:27 MDT 2013

Greetings
Strange smoke started coming out of my TR6 after long climb up steep hill at
65 mph in 4th gear overdrive. Also start smelling the oily smoke.
Can run all day at high speed with no issues. This just started as I was on a
similar ride last month with no issues.
Ran home 100 miles no problems. Tested again yesterday on smaller but just as
steep and started smelling it again and saw faint smoke.
Compression between 145 to 160. Plugs 1,2,3 clean and 4,5,6 sooty. Car has cam
and 3 strombergs (Richard Good stuff)
Thought I would throw this out to experts for ideas
Thanks
Allan Reich
Vancouver
1975 TR6