[TR] Triumph Roadster

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Jul 18 13:48:55 MDT 2013

---- John T Nichols <jtnichols at comcast.net> wrote:
> http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/triumph/2000/1585804.html?refer=news
>
> A 1949 Triumph Roadster, supposedly all original, for only $83,000
> ($8459.81 in 1949 dollars.)! A. Why would anyone want one? OK, I get it
> you're a hardcore Triumph guy and you need to fill out your collection.
> B. If you wanted one, why would you pay $83,000?

Because $83,000 isn't a lot of money to you; and the best part about having money is being able to spend it as you please.  Especially if you didn't have to work for it in the first place.

If the description is accurate, it might even be worth that much.  True collectors place a premium on "original" as opposed to "restored".  And as with any "collector" object, it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

Randall