[TR] Engine oil?

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Mon Jul 15 11:57:14 MDT 2013

John,

I don't race the TR4....and put less than 1000 miles on it per year.   For
the TR4, I use a ZDDP additive with good old Pennzoil, Quaker  State or
Castrol 20W/50 that I buy on sale at Pep Boys, WalMart,  etc......been using
these brands in all of my cars for many, many years and many  thousands of
miles - never had any engine problems attributable to oil.

I like the 20W/50 weight because I think it helps keep the motor a little
cooler in the summer and since I don't drive it in the winter, I'm not too
concerned about hard starting thicker oil.

In addition to using a good brand of oil, I think the best advice is
regular oil/filter changes.

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA
1962 TR4  CT2052L

In a message dated 7/15/2013 11:32:50 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,