[TR] TR3 Lucas generator rebuild or not?

Andrew S. Mace zoboherald at aol.com
Mon Jul 15 08:30:12 MDT 2013

 As Geo notes, it is worth thoroughly checking the entire system. It could be
the voltage regulator, it could be just generator brushes...or it could be the
generator.

Meanwhile, to me it's a no-brainer. You got 26 years out of it first time
around and another 28 years after the first rebuild; with any luck, this
rebuild should take you to 2043! :)

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: http://triumph-herald.us