[TR] TR2 - very stiff choke cable

Kinderlehrer kinderlehrer at comcast.net
Thu Jul 11 11:34:15 MDT 2013

Angelo, I had the same problem, get the jets loose enough to move freely and
they leak. First thing to do, however, is isolate the problem. I would
suggest disconnecting the cable and making sure that it moves easily when
not attached to the carbs. Routing around the battery box can cause kinks
that bind the cable. I seem to remember having to shorten the cable to get
it to work right, of course I have a TR3A so there may be some differences.
I also took the inner cable out and coated it with graphite which seemed to
help.

Bob