[TR] TR2 - very stiff choke cable

Angelo Graham agraham at execulink.com
Thu Jul 11 08:29:31 MDT 2013

Hello List:
I think this has been visited before, but having a real problem with the
chokes on my rebuilt SU's (H4). Can't get the cable to even budge the
chokes. Even pulled the knob off the cable while tugging on the cable. I
have rebuilt the carbs, polished and lightly lubed the jets, installed a
new cable but still no luck in getting the chokes to even budge. I can
move the chokes by hand, although they are stiff.
Someone suggested just using the front choke and disconnecting the choke
linkage to the rear carb. A practical solution? Car should still start
and get to a workable 'choke off' temp.
Any help with this one??
Thanks,
Angelo Graham