[TR] Suggestions for a voltage gauge replacment on TR4A

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Jul 4 11:44:18 MDT 2013

> I am considering replacing my amp guage with a voltage guage

If the reason is that you are installing an alternator that exceeds the
capacity of the stock ammeter; may I suggest keeping the ammeter and adding
a shunt to recalibrate it?
http://goo.gl/mD0F4

The voltmeter from an early Stag might match reasonably well, if you can
swap the 4A bezel (which I assume is chrome) for the black bezel used on the
Stag.  But having tried both, I much prefer the ammeter.

-- Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L waiting for engine rebuild
71 Stag LE2014LBW waiting for (OD) gearbox rebuild