[TR] Winter Warning From Standard Triumph:)

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 08:18:28 MST 2013

On 1/28/13 7:46 AM, Chip19474 at aol.com wrote:

> "The heater blower is only to augment the airflow through the  car in
> difficult conditions.  Do not use it unnecessarily, especially at  speed when it
> is not required.  Remember that in winter conditions with the  lights on and
> other accessories in use, the current load will be  considerable.  In cold
> weather.....if there is too great a load.....the  generator may fail to keep
> the battery fully charged"

It wasn't just Triumphs.  It appears that the British car industry
wanted to discourage driving under adverse conditions.

I actually had that happen to me when I was moving from Seattle to the
Monterey bay area  in an old Land Rover. I was driving the coastal route
during a major rain storm.  Two speed heater on high speed, wipers
wiping, headlights on all day while driving. When I went to start the
Land Rover the next morning there was not enough juice to turn over the
engine.

Neither my Land Rover nor my TR3 has a generator any more so I can use
more than two electrical circuits at a time.

TeriAnn