[TR] British Car Suspenders

Foster, Stan (HP IT) stan.foster at hp.com
Mon Jan 21 09:59:09 MST 2013

That would be bracers. Women wear suspenders.


-----Original Message-----
From: triumphs-bounces at autox.team.net [mailto:triumphs-bounces at autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of pethier at comcast.net
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 10:34 AM
To: William Brewer
Cc: Triumphs
Subject: Re: [TR] British Car Suspenders

If they have British cars on them, you have to call them "braces".

Phil Ethier West Side Saint Paul Minnesota USA
1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack", Sapphire Blue
2004 Suburban 8.1, Sport Red, the only automatic of the bunch
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4, Berry Red
pethier at comcast.net

----- Original Message -----
> From: "William Brewer" <wsb1960tr3a at att.net>
> To: "Triumphs" <triumphs at autox.team.net>
> Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 8:01:58 AM
> Subject: [TR] British Car Suspenders
> I've reached that point in life where I need suspenders to keep my
> pants from sagging. I wear flannel lined pants in the winters and it
> is too much for a belt to handle. I've been wearing some extra-corny
> red suspenders with farm animals on them (from Germany), but wanted
> something less dorky, if there is such a thing as less dorky than
> suspenders. I found some with fish on them and others that looked like
> big tape measures with tools. Even skull & crossbones.
> I finally bought a set of suspenders with British cars on them and
> everyone seems to like them and think that they fit me. If you search
> for "car suspenders" on Ebay they should come up. Only $9.95 and made
> in USA.
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Men-s-Womans-Antique-Car-Suspenders-Made-in-
> USA-/23 0868600316?pt=US_Men_s_Accessories&hash=item35c0d745fc
> Bill in Tehachapi

** triumphs at autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

More information about the Triumphs mailing list