[TR] All this talk about Carbs -- TR2 engine rebuild time - how big can I go with the HS4's

Chris Simo ccsimonsen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 20:51:37 MST 2013

The TR2 has been alot of fun. Wiring is straight, paint is good,  We drove
over 2500 miles this summer.  But....   More smoke blows out of the valve
cover and engine vent than out the exhaust....

It's time to rebuild or at least re-ring this winter.  I've never been into
the motor past a valve job.. so rebuild is more likely.

If I have to do a major rebuild - do you think the HS4's adequately support
86mm pistons and liners?   Car runs great as is -- but a little more cubic
inches never hurts.....