[TR] Tr-Tr3 engine vent pipe

davehogye dlhogye at comcast.net
Mon Feb 18 17:02:22 MST 2013

Larry,
Very funny description of the vent tube benefits. The stock tube will still supply oil to unwanted areas even if you run it to a catch can. The trick is to seal it well at the block connection. This is very difficult to do with the stock tube. It has a split in it and only a slip fit for Pete's sake. I made an steel fitting with an O-ring seal and welded it to a modified vent tube, then ran it straight up to a catch can. I can't imagine oil ever finding it's way to the can. Unless of course a serious motor problem arises or the car is upside down.
Good luck,
Dave H.