[TR] heli coiling aluminum cylinder head.

Dave Massey dave1massey at cs.com
Fri Feb 15 16:23:56 MST 2013

 Sorry, sent too soon.

Yes, that is overkill. Jjust make a hole that is sized just larger than the
tap.  I have a block that I have used for years  with a hole sized to the
following taps: 4-40, 6-32, 8-32, 10-32.  I just recently make a similar block
using 1X1 square steel tubing for the helicoil job I just did.

BTW, using these blocks sure reduces tap breakage.

Dave Massey