[TR] TR3A OD switch question

John Macartney flywheelcoventry1 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 11 07:03:34 MST 2013

Sometimes the most obscure of queries can be answered with absolute clarity.
Referring to right and left hand steer sidescreen TR's the overdrive switch
always had the lettering on the 'road' side of the switch. Additionally, the
switch was always moved up to engage (as in changing 'up' a gear). The switch
also was moved 'up' to engage overdrive on Vanguard, Ensign, and Standard 10
models.
It was only with the introduction of 2000 saloon, TR4 and
Herald/Vitesse, that the overdrive stalk was steering nacelle mounted and the
switched engagement was 'down' to engage o/d. This obviously continued to
later variants whether the o/d switch moved to the gear lever.

Jonmac