[TR] Tr4 starter

spook01@comcast.net spook01 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 9 15:48:28 MST 2013

Hi all,
I got a reduction starter for a early TR4 when the old starter began to head south again...figured it was lighter and quieter.
It's pretty loud, and when the engine lights there's a pretty pronounced sound as the bendix disengages.
I had thought it was a case of an old ring gear, but the reduction engages from the front.
I also wondered if the starter gear was shimmed improperly causing it to not fully engage.

Any ideas?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone