[TR] off topic question about 1993 Oldsmobile Sierra cutlass

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Fri Feb 8 08:23:10 MST 2013

Listmates,

My daughter is driving the above-referenced vehicle.  It has less than 80K
on it but is quite rusty underneath.  Not unsafe as far as mechanics can
tell.  She's been told that the fuel pump died and the shop wants close to
$800 to fix it.   I guess its inside the fuel tank.   Would it be possible
to add an electric fuel pump somewhere else and leave the dead one in the
tank?   Which pump?  Where should it go?   The old tank runs well and she
drives it around the Boston area so who wants a nice car in the nasty city?
She can't afford one and neither can I anyhow.

Thanks,

Ron L