[TR] aluminum radiators

Skip Gurnee skip47 at gbis.com
Wed Feb 6 11:47:34 MST 2013

Andrew Uprichard wrote-
"I see aluminum radiators being advertised on eBay for not much more than
the
cost of recoring my old one.  Does anyone have experience with these
radiators?"

I bought an aluminum radiator (from Griffin Radiator in Piedmont SC) for the
TVR.  It was expensive, and it works better than stock.  I'd say you'd take
a big chance buying something advertised as aluminum for near the same price
as a recore.  Aluminum, by the way, doesn't transfer heat as well as copper,
so unless you go bigger/thicker, you save nothing but a little weight.

Skip Gurnee
64TR4
66TR4A
67 Lotus Cortina