[TR] Bolts for Spitfire Hardtop?

Bud R levilevi at comcast.net
Tue Dec 31 13:17:23 MST 2013

Now that it's no longer a Christmas decoration I was playing with the
new Spit and realized the front on the hardtop is not bolted down at
all. Good thing I didn't take it out on the hightway first. Can anyone
tell the size (length, TPI, etc.) bolt I need to look for?  Looks like
four are needed of the same size.  First Spit hardtop for me so I know
little to nothing about them. A pic would also be great.

I'd like to keep the hardtop on for the rest of the winter and not
take it off in order to figure out the bolts needed. Also is there an
attachment to the hardtop (in back /sides and above where the rag top
rack bolts to the tub) that looks like a hook bolt of some sort should
be holding it. But they are no where to be found if they were ever
there. Any ideas on what those bolts look like?

Thanks
Bud Rolofson

Extreme Parts Racing (more than just a haircut)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
69 Spitfire MK III (back up FE engine and dinghy car for RV)
70 Spitfire MK III (parts car, FE engine donated to race car)
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)