[TR] Wire Wheels

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 07:01:51 MST 2013

Jim --

I have recently (1 year) put the Daytons on my other LBC and had to reseal
the spokes to get them to hold air w/o tubes.  Possibly due to the factory
seal being scraped during mounting (looked pretty skimpy to me) but they
are fine now.

I have had the painted Dunlops on my TR4 for about a decade (on & off as I
also use them on my TR3A) and think they look great -- but that's just my
taste:  E-Types look right with chrome wires, TRs look right with painted.

I, too, mount and balance my own with Harbor Freight equipment.  Just
replaced my old Coopers with Vreds this past week.  185/15s are very easy
to mount thanks to that tall side wall.  I always mount from the backside
so there are no marks on the rim or tire when I'm done.  A shop should be
able to do the same if that is your concern.

Geo