[TR] Wire Wheels

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Mon Dec 30 06:11:32 MST 2013

Jim,

I have painted Daytons on my 63 4. So far they have worked out very
well. The car had the original Dunlop wheels but they were in terrible
shape. All the loose spokes I tried to repair were frozen. So when a set
came up on Ebay, I jumped. Fitted 165/15 Cooper black walls. But alas,
the Coopers are NLA.

I used the Harbor freight setup to mount the tires. Also fitted tubes
sourced from Moss.

I believe I just finished my 8th season and so far no loss of air.

I also have heard on this list that the painted steel spokes are
stronger than the SS version. Not sure about the chrome version. Most
likely same as the painted.

It is my opinion that wire wheels look best on a 4 of all the Triumphs.

I have the stock wheels on my 58 3 and Super Lite silvers on my 72 6.
Quite a nice contrast when they are all together.

Bob