[TR] Synthetic gear oil

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 07:32:50 MST 2013

On 12/20/13, 7:58 PM, Dave wrote:
> imho there is nothing superior to redline mtl.  itbs more expensive,
> but you will be able to tell the difference

I'm running Redline MTL 75W80 GL-4 gear oil in my 1960 Land Rover's
gearbox. MUCH better shifting when I start out in Freezing weather and
all the time.  This oil does not harm brass.  I intend to use it in he
TR3 next oil change.

The limited slip diff in the TR3 and the air locker diff in the Land
Rover both use Redline 75W90 GL-5 gear oil.

I was told that this oil would help the diffs run cooler.  I've never
personally never tried to measure the temperatures.  But the stuff seems
to work just fine.

I'm happy with redline products.  I know my Land Rover's gear box is a
LOT happier during the winter.

TeriAnn