[TR] Testing brake lines

Skip Gurnee skip47 at gbis.com
Mon Dec 9 09:28:08 MST 2013

Maybe I'm just stupid, but my way of testing has always been to put the
system together and press hard on the brake pedal.  If it stayed high and
didn't leak down, I was satisfied.  I've always used this technique on the
race car and haven't been killed yet!
Seriously, there are few places on the car that you can't replace when it's
complete.  Take the chance that you're be right and finish the restoration;
you're free to test it in the garage before it moves.
BTW - did you double-flare the joints?  Do it.
Skip Gurnee
64 TR4, 66 TR4A
Lotus Cortina, TVR, Cherokee stroker