[TR] cooling tr-3

Frank Fisher yellowtr3 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 26 09:47:18 MDT 2013

I'm not sure that using the stock cap will allow for fluiff recovery from an
overflow bottle.
when I inspect my fluiff level it is always low. maybe a
little more than your description. but of course as water heats up it expands
and I'm assuming gets the filler neck pretty full'ish.
I have bought but not
yet fitted an overflow reservoir from a later MGB. they are made of brass and
painted black. I'm in the process of removing the paint and polishing to
bright finish.
my intent is to replace the stock cap with a TR4 oil filler
cap. then run a hose to the MGB reservoir and find a modern depth 4lb cap for
the reservoir.
hose clamps required of course.
ill let you know how this works
for me when I get it finished