[TR] TR2/3 - transmission tunnel install

Angelo Graham agraham at execulink.com
Thu Aug 22 19:35:15 MDT 2013

Hello List:
After running my '2 project for several weeks getting up the nerve to
install the transmission tunnel. Have delayed this in anticipation of
any issues with the o/d or who knows?
It has been some time since I removed the tunnel at the start of the
project. Just eye-balling the process, I gather the seats must come out
(again!), but what about the gear shift? Just the knob come off or does
the entire lever come out? I have to fish the o/d wiring through the
hole in the side of the tunnel - is there a grommet supposed to be
there? My tunnel is already carpeted (glued on), so this might be a problem.
Anything I'm missing here or what to look out for?
Like so many other "piece of cake" procedures on my project, not sure
what the '2 has in store for me.
Thanks for any direction with this one.
Angelo Graham