[TR] windscreen "wings"

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Aug 19 19:44:03 MDT 2013

---- Gary Nafziger <nafzigerg at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Can anyone give me information on those optional wind screen "wings"
> that one attaches to the side of the windscreen?  Do they help or not?

They do help, but the effect is mostly noticeable at lower speeds.  Not much difference at freeway speeds, IMO.

What some people have done is to fabricate an additional wing that mounts into the side curtain pockets, and sticks out along the top of the door.  I don't know of anyone offering them commercially, but they aren't too hard to fabricate yourself.  Although I don't have them on my car, the ones that Fred Thomas made seemed to make a big difference on his TR3A:

http://tinyurl.com/kxvrewc

Randall