[TR] TR3A REAR HUB REMOVAL

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Aug 17 17:12:41 MDT 2013

> Most often, contamination of the rear brakes on a TR3 is from
> diff oil past worn axle seals, isn't it?

Yes, I agree entirely.  And even when it is grease, IMO it is from adding
too much grease to the bearings.  Don't grease them so much, and the grease
won't find it's way past the seal.  (There is no vent, no where else for it
to go, so too much grease has to go past either the inner or outer seal.)

I've actually never had a rear wheel bearing fail, even though my last TR3A
had close to 300,000 miles on it when it got wrecked.  (Haven't heard back
from the guy who bought the rear axle, so don't know if he rebuilt it or
not.)

-- Randall