[TR] TR6 Vacuum Line Question

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Thu Aug 15 15:24:04 MDT 2013

The 71 may or may not have been equipped with a vacuum advance and if it
was it would not have been connected.  But the 70 TR6 was equipped with both.
At least that is my recollection.  So there may be some residual fittings
that were not used but would make retrofitting easier.  My 71 model had both
advance and retard modules but no port for the advance.  Retrofitting later
model carbs fixed that problem.

In 1974 the engine was fitted with an EGR valve and that port could be used
for the vacuum advance (if your distributor was so equipped).

Dave