[TR] Filing chromed metal

ptegler ptegler at verizon.net
Mon Aug 12 19:15:41 MDT 2013

If it's a matter of reducing a square shank under the bolt head...to fit the
chromed part hole, I'd grind the bolt.
BUT.... the bare metal of the ground bolt can start rusting and effect the
chrome bumper part.
Same goes for the reverse. Enlarging the part hole to match the bolt leaves
the edge of the metal exposed.
A dab of paint can protect the chromed part.... but as grand dad always
said...
If you must, ALWAYS modify the cheapest most readily replaceable part first.

Paul Tegler
ptegler at verizon.net
www.teglerizer.com