[TR] TR4 engine hoist

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Fri Aug 9 11:13:33 MDT 2013

I briefly thought about digging my hoist out and measuring - I can
probably do that Sunday if you still need a measurement.  But, I can
tell you that you'll need the hook near the rear of the head for
portions of the lift.  You'll need a device to move the pivot point
(forget what they are called) to be able to change the center of
gravity and pivot the engine / tranny assembly under the hook.

My hoist is an el-cheapo 2 ton unit, and I have to use full boom
extension and that seems like it's barely long enough but there is at
least an inch or three between hoist and front valance - and my race
car doesn't have a front bumper.

There are some shots of the removal process here
http://www.tonydrews.com/2008-9Rebuild/2008-9_Rebuild.htm
I don't have a good shot showing the actual clearance between the
hoist and the front of the car though (angle is wrong)

Tony Drews