[TR] TR4 support vehicle troubles

Carl Sereda carlsereda at aol.com
Sat Apr 27 12:49:51 MDT 2013

Hi all,
Hoping someone can help direct me to a user's group as my support vehicle (an
'88 Ford TBird) has failed aircon/heat 'blower' operation. A year ago I
replaced a failed TO-3 transistor located on the finned aluminum arm, inside
the air ducting, with the only TO-3 transistor Radio Shack sells - it worked
for 1 year!
Without the fan operating again I have no ventilation, aircon, or heating
action. The original TO-3 transistor (Motorola SJ5783) or equivalent, can not
be found on internet after at least 4 hours of searching and several calls and
queries ('maybe' I can order 200 of them!) so my next step is looking for a
TBird user's group to see what others might have done, or better yet, an
equivalent transistor.
Any leads or better ideas out there? Hot Summer is coming!
Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74