[TR] TR6 oil pressure line leak 74

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Apr 23 16:18:22 MDT 2013

---- Mark Hooper <mhooper at indiefilmnet.com> wrote:
> I too had a disastrous fail of the line on an old engine. Stuck in hot summer
> traffic jam idling with low pressure, did not notice that the gauge had
> stopped reading as all the engine oil drained on the road through the broken

Just a thought, if that kind of thing worries you: It should be fairly easy to wire an oil pressure switch so it kills the engine if you lose oil pressure.  There even exist oil pressure gauges with this function built into them (though probably not to match the other gauges).

Guess I've been lucky though.  I've lost oil pressure several times and always noticed before any serious damage was done.  I try to make it a habit to scan the gauges frequently, but the change in engine noise has alerted me first, every time.  Usually it just means I need to add oil :)

Randall