[TR] Question about installing a backup light switch in a TR4A

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Fri Apr 19 22:25:44 MDT 2013

The switches are not too hard to install, just make sure you get the drill
bit centered with a punch when you start, then you need to tap it for the
right size threads, I think I got a set of three of the right size taps on
e-bay when I did the overdrive switch on mine (same idea, different
location) so if you decide to go this route let me know, I have two and
maybe three of these taps I will never use again.

If you choose not to go this route you could do something like I had on my
BGT way back when a simple on/off switch under the dash to turn on the back
up lights, if you are doing it to be seen you probably the manual switch
isn't the way to go (you'll forget to use it half the time), if you are
doing it to see better when you back up (long dark driveway or whatever)
which was the purpose on my BGT, it works pretty well, cause if you can't
see when backing up the light bulb goes off in your head and you turn it on.
Course I often people would honk and flick their headlights at me, doh,
forgot to turn the back up light off.

Greg Lemon