[TR] Electric Fuel Pump Placement?

John Wise tr3a.60 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 14:42:41 MDT 2013

FWIW, in the LBCs that I have owned that had electric fuel pumps (i.e., MGA,
MGB, & a Midget), they were all mounted in the rear near the gas tank.  I
never had a problem with any of them and I owned them all many years.

John

> I think that locating the pump near the fuel tank is a good idea, because
these pumps really do push better than they pull. I had some experience with
these pumps from my GT6+, and I decided that I wanted a filter and regulator.
I was also flirting with Italian cars at that time, and they tended to have
electric pumps in the rear with a FISPA filter/regulator in the engine
compartment. So I mounted one of those on a blanking plate where the original
mechanical pump was!

John Wise
Ormond Beach, FL

1960 TR3A