[TR] Troubleshooting HS6 Carb Issue

Benjamin Zwissler bjzwissler at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 08:06:05 MDT 2012

Symptoms are:  Low power, missing, backfiring if you try to accelerate too
hard.  Won't drive at any speed without symptoms, will idle OK.
 Troubleshot ignition and fuel system the first time it happened until carb
cleaner through jet solved it.  Since then each time it occurs the carb
cleaner in the jet solves it immediately.  Scenario is:  Works fine, leave
it sit for a week or ten days, immediately has the problem on starting.
After it happened following sitting over the winter its happened twice when
left for shorter time in summer.  Had a "mild" case a 3rd time, but that
cleared itself with a little driving.  Had the problem on several different
tanks of fuel - each occurrence is separated by several hundred miles of
travel.  Carb pistons travel freely. Good spark and timing is OK.

Ben.....