[TR] Tarbaby Triumph, sort of

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Fri Sep 28 17:43:11 MDT 2012

As some of you know I was a delivery driver for a local parts warehouse
for a couple
of years.  One shop I visited on a daily basis had this red TR7 parked
out front.  It had
been there a while the first time I stopped by, and was there for about
a year and a
half.  Thankfully the place got rid of it, I was *so* *close* to hauling
it home myself.

And some of you know that this summer I was working at my friend's
repair shop.
He didn't really have enough work coming in to make it worth his while
to keep me
around, so we parted ways a while back.  I go get my phone to give him a
call, as
the S10 needs emissions inspection.  Lo and behold there's a message
from him -
he has a TR7 that needs some work.

Sure enough, I head down there and there sits that TR7 that sat outside
that Tunex
for a couple of years.  And boy, does it need work!  I did manage to get
it so it would
sort of run and be driveable, will do some fine tuning once it gets back
from the
exhaust place.  Unmuffled motors inside a building can be annoying.

mjb.