[TR] Heat insulation material - installation

Angelo Graham agraham at execulink.com
Thu Sep 27 08:49:30 MDT 2012

Hello List:
Just picked up some of the foil backed heat insulation to finish off the
interior of my '2 project. The material is felt backed by a shiny
aluminum foil. First and obvious question is which side goes "down". I
have seen many cars with the insulation installed both ways, the foil
side up - away from the heat source and others with the felt side toward
the heat source. Having the foil side up makes for easier carpet
installation as it is easier to glue on this surface.
Any thoughts or experiences on this one?
What about the floor pans? Should they be covered as well? Intend to
cover the inside of the firewall, the trans tunnel. Any other areas that
need attention? The '2 tends to have a bit hotter cockpit, as it does
not have a scuttle vent.
Thanks for any help.
Angelo Graham