[TR] TR6 Gearbox Cover

Jeff fishplate at charter.net
Wed Sep 26 16:18:56 MDT 2012

Another question regarding TR6 fastener esoterica...

TR6 gearbox cover - I'm replacing my cardboard mess with a plastic one.
There is a short metal "bridge" that attaches to the cover to make the
seal under the bulging part of the cover.  You can see the bulge in this
photo from Rimmer: http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-713569PL -- it's
on the side, right under the gear lever hole.

My bridge piece has one hole to align with the cover hold-down bolt, and
two holes in the vertical bit to attach to the cover.  On the old cover,
it looks for all the world like it had one screw and one rivet.  There's
only one spire nut on the piece...and what looks like an old broken
rivet in the cover.  If I took the screw out, I don't remember.

Does this sound right?  I suppose it doesn't really matter, but I'm
curious - if it uses one screw and one rivet, does that mean my car was
assembled after a pub lunch?

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.