[TR] Triumphest 2012 weather

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 09:35:29 MDT 2012

I just looked at the weather prediction for the end of the month and
thought I'd pass it on for people planning to be at Triumphest. Pretty
much all this month the weather has been highs in the mid to high70's
with lows in the mid 40's but there appears to be some cooler fall
weather coming in for Triumphest.

Friday, Sept 28 prediction is currently clear with a high of 68 degrees
and a low of 36 degrees.  Saturday, the 29th prediction is clear with a
high of 63 degrees and a low of 39 degrees.

So mornings will be chilly and for those of you from hot climates the
afternoon might be chilly to you as well.  So be sure to pack
accordingly.  Current cheap gas is a tad over $3.70/gal for regular.
Best places for cheap gas is SAMs club, Safeway and Frys food stores gas
stations and the Mavrick gas station if you are coming into town from
the West and take the route 66 exit from I40 into Flagstaff. If you are
coming in from the West there is a gas station about 10 miles East of
the CA border on I40 where you can save a lot of $$ over the needles
stations.

And if you have extra time built in to your trip don't forget you are
only about a half hour away from Wupatki National Monument and about 75
miles from Grand Canyon South Rim and about 3-1/2 hours from Monument
Valley.

TeriAnn