[TR] TR2/3 oil pressure question

Angelo Graham agraham at execulink.com
Sun Sep 16 16:33:18 MDT 2012

Hello List:
Concerned about the oil pressure in my 'fresh' engine in the '2. Right
on idle, seems to hold at around 40 - 50 lbs. on a cold engine. When hot
and revved, climbs only slightly. I changed the filter head to the later
Purolator full flow type. I suspect that the pressure on the filter head
needs to be adjusted. Do you do the adjustments with a cold engine or
after warm-up? Do you adjust for idle pressure or higher revs and higher
pressure?
Not sure about the accuracy of the actual gauge. No reason to suspect it
and it is the original gauge. Any easy way to check the gauge? Find
another one and compare??
Also, should the spring and ball bearing in the filter head under the
bolt be replaced to start with a fresh spring and ball?
Thanks for any insights.
Angelo Graham