[TR] One last question

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sat Sep 15 16:38:27 MDT 2012

Terry,

The best thing I ever did for my 3s was to install air deflectors on the
sides of the apron to channel all air entering from behind the grill
directly to the radiator. I think TRF sells a cardboard replica but I
just made my own out of some thick plastic I had around. I just cut
accordingly and screwed them to the apron sides with machine screws. I
never have overheating unless stuck in bumper to bumper traffic when the
outside temp. is > than 85 or so. When driving down the road temp never
gets much above 180 even on hot days.

Now if you already have installed deflectors and you suspect your
thermostat, it is easy to check by removing it and checking it out on
top of the stove in a pan of water. Bring up the water to the
temperature of the thermostat and you should see the thermostat start to
open as the temperature approaches the rating of the thermostat. If it
doesn't completely open at the rated temperature, time for a new
thermostat.

Bob