[TR] Heritage Certificate

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 05:18:13 MDT 2012

On 9/8/12 3:49 AM, George Richardson wrote:
> My 57 TR3 is titled by the engine number. Good thing it's still
> original. :-)

Once upon a time, there was a person who owned a Triumph wrecking yard
who decided to have his employees build up a nice TR3 from parts in the
yard.  This was a project to fill in otherwise employee idle time.  The
car got built up, sent off to a body shop, painted black and when it
came back they put a new interior kit in it (Red if I remember this
fable correctly).  The owner built the car out of assorted TR3 parts to
sell and wanted to present it as an original car that was freshly
restored. He decided that the engine & car should have matching numbers
to show originality.  So he bought a new commission plate and stamped it
with the engine number.  Until now it was the only car I know of that
had a commission number that ended in an 'E'.   ( TSXXXXXE)  When the
car was finished, it was entered into the Palo Alto British Car show and
won a people's choice award then was sold for a princely sum.  Hopefully
the newly born TR3 lived happily ever since.