[TR] charging sytem

Alex & Janet Thomson aljlthomson at charter.net
Tue Sep 4 19:32:22 MDT 2012

Check to make sure that the body is well grounded. There is often a bonding
strap that connects the engine block to the body. Those straps often
disintegrate with age. Also, look for voltage drops along the insulated
circuit that feeds all of the accessories. With heater fan on, lights on,
and anything else that can be turned on, there should be no more than about
0.2 volts drop from the insulated battery post to each of the accessory
items.

Alex Thomson