[TR] Rotating tyres

Joe Curry spitlist at cox.net
Tue Sep 4 15:24:59 MDT 2012

Turn left occasionally!  :)

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: triumphs-bounces at autox.team.net
[mailto:triumphs-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Dennis Culligan
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 1:04 PM
To: triumphs at autox.team.net; 6pack at autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Rotating tyres

  While we're talking about tires. I recently noticed some wear on the
outside edge of the

right front tire on my '76 TR6 so I decided to rotate as I usually do, front
to rear to front.

However, upon further inspection, I could not help but notice that both
right side tires, front

AND rear, were decidedly more worn across the whole tire (not just the edge)
than the left

side tires. How exactly does this happen?  The right sides are nearly shot
while the lefts look

fine.  Tires are Vredestein Sprint Classics and have about 25,000 miles on
them. Any ideas?

Dennis Culligan, Highland NY / 1976 TR6 CF57948U

** triumphs at autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums