[TR] Factory visit 1957

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Oct 30 16:40:43 MDT 2012

This interesting article was originally published in the May 1957 issue of Motor Sport, and briefly outlines a visit to the MG, Standard, and Austin factories.

If I am not mistaken, the first photo (unfortunately black and white and somewhat grainy) shows a TR3 wearing the almost-mythical "Grand Touring" conversion, with permanently attached side curtains and outside door handles.

http://goo.gl/r7HCK

My thanks to 'Andy' (not Andy Mace) on the BCF Austin-Healey forum for posting it.

- Randall