[TR] TR3 oil filter canister question

davewillner davewillner at pa.net
Sat Oct 27 07:55:23 MDT 2012

I just changed the oil and filter in my 3, I have the original Percolator head
still in place. I now have a small constant stream of oil leaking out the
bottom hole where the bolt goes in when its running, not up at the top where
the typical seal problems occur. I've never taken this bolt/washer/spring
assembly apart (35 years) and wondering if they typically need a rebuild with
fresh seals at some point?

Also the long hex bolt has alway had a large 1" cupped metal washer under the
hex head on the outside, just wondering if anyone else has that or maybe its
just a DPO "enhancement?" All the exploded parts drawings I've seen don't show
the washer...Txs

Dave Willner
Stroudsburg PA
59 TR3A