[TR] Early TR4 Steering Rack Question

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Tue Oct 23 07:31:31 MDT 2012

List,

I have some old-age induced play in my steering rack (it's definitely in
the rack and not at the inner rod cups).  Finding a new or  rebuilt early TR4
steering rack is getting to be a challenge.  Since  they're seem to be a
lot of later TR4 racks for sale, I'm wondering if there's  anyway to fit the
later rack to the earlier TR4 frame mounts.

I know that the mountings are different between the later TR4/TR6 racks and
 the early racks but has anyone been able to actually mount a later rack to
and  earlier TR4 frame?

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA