[TR] VTR 2012 Travel Kit

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 08:34:01 MDT 2012

On 10/18/12 7:12 AM, Wbeech wrote:
> Rounding up things for the drive to Galveston, hoping I don't need them, and
> wondering if I have missed anything.
>
> Points
> Plugs
> Condenser
Cap & rotor.
> Gallon of coolant
> Quart of oil, maybe two.
> AC Fuel pump(considering buying an electric pump and returning it if I don't
> use it)
A fuel pump rebuild kit takes up less space

On long trips I also carry a spare fan belt and a spare set of hoses.

Walk yourself through the replacement of every part you carry a spare
for and make sure you take the tools needed for each swap. The right
screwdriver and a feeler gauge would come in handy if you need to
replace the points.

A roadside assistance card with long distance towing doesn't hurt. A
couple years ago on a 1000 mile plus each way trip I lost an alternator
in the TR.  The electric fan took the battery down fairly quickly & the
free towing got me into a shop that could rebuild the alternator and get
me going again.

Have a good trip & VTR.

I'm trying to remember what a team.net badge looks like.  All I
currently have on mine is the FOT badge and as near as I can tell it was
the only one at Triumphest.

TeriAnn