[TR] Brake & Clutch Pedal Bushings

George Haynes ghaynestr4 at aol.com
Wed Oct 17 08:03:38 MDT 2012

While investigating a friend's (1970) TR6 heavy clutch pedal operation, we
found quite a bit of side play in the pedal pivots.  After removing the pedal
box from the car and disassembling, we found no bushings in the brake and
clutch pedal pivots.  No trace of busings ever being there, either.
Moss shows bushings (330-285) at each end of the pivot tubes, apparently for
all TR6's.  Has anyone else found these bushings missing?  Do other cars
exhibit the sloppy pedal symptoms?  We're baffled but will install the
bushings to improve pedal operation.
George