[TR] Lying Fuel Gauge

William Pugh anabil007 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 15 13:16:16 MDT 2012

Why can't these "simple" machines, just be "simple" to fix?

	1957 TR3, the fuel gauge is lying on me b& claims to be FULL, but the engine
said "EMPTY" !  If the float had sunk it should say empty b& right?

If you remove the hot (green) wire the gauge should read empty??   Still reads
full.  Correct voltage to the green wire.  So b& must be a faulty sensor ??

Innocent minds would like to know before we start ordering parts.

Thanks for your time b&

"Life is too short to drive boring cars"

Bill Pugh
1957 TR3 "Casper"p;
TS16765L
Wallace, CA